Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I was so tired last night that I couldn’t blog which may have been a good thing because I have a lot to process.


I felt great all morning until after breakfast than I thought I was going to lose my toast.  The school was so nice at letting me sit down and gave me plenty of water.


I started co-teaching English with Dr. Buzan and Dakota.  I think we are off to a great start!  Today, we will discuss Little Red Riding Hood.


In the late morning, I was in a class with sixth graders from St. John’s English School.  We will learn about World Religions together.  It’s going to be a good time!  Snarkiness is universal, there is one chatty cathy in the group and the girls just kept looking at me and smiling. 


We came back to the hotel for lunch.  When lunch was almost finished I was asked to take my picture with one of the waiters.  I was very caught off guard by being singled out.  John warned us about not talking to strangers and saying where we stay.  Well, I bill my room every time I eat in the hotel… I’m sure he just wanted a picture with a pale girl.  He walked away and came back and asked for more pictures with my roommates and me, which made me feel a little better.  He only shook my hand good bye, which may be common, but men must extend a hand first.


Today, at the home my girls came back from school excited to see me, and I was excited to see them!  Komel is still not back.  The girls assure me that she will be back tomorrow.  My sweet Ranuka got hit with a cricket ball in the lower back.  I had my arm around her and I could feel that ball hit her body as she collapsed into me.  Everyone around us kept saying don’t cry.  My instinct is to naturally cuddle her.  I was just blown away with how many children were saying not to cry.  I would have been bawling for quite some time.  Ranuka tried to fight the tears, but that ball hurt.  We went inside and listen to Taylor Swift and look at pictures of TyBaby and friends.  The girls are trying to learn everyone’s names.  The girls noticed the battery was getting low and asked if I had my charger.  I said, not right now.  They became worked up and said, no more music.  I said its okay because I knew we only had a few minutes left.  They wouldn’t have it; they were so worried the phone would die.  We looked at pictures only. 


This morning I found out that two of the girls’ mother is in the hospital because the father lit her on fire.  This is not an uncommon story.  Now, we know these girls!  I can’t even imagine what today will feel like as we go to gather and play.  The girls are taught to cry.  Prayers for John as he talks with the girls today.


I’m also praying for the work that God is doing at home.  I’m so grateful for my time here, but God is revealing some of the work He is doing back home and I’m so excited to see people’s hearts grow in the Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment