Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday, July 21, 2013


Today may have been my favorite day so far.  I went to an Episcopal Church and it was so nice to sing gospel hymns and knowing Sierra Vista was doing the same thing this morning!  My heart is so joyful in knowing the comfort of home so far away.  I can’t say I’m quite homesick, but I could go for my favorite drink and donut from Starbucks.  And it wouldn’t hurt to share it with TyBaby.

What is different about Church is the influence that the culture has on a Christian Church.   Women would wear shawls and had marks on their foreheads for marriage.  Everyone took their shoes off for communion. 

Then, I went to Church at the Children’s home.  It was the craziest thing I ever saw to see these children praise the Lord.  It was beautiful!  One of my girls, Reena even sang a duet.  I’m very proud of all my girls. 

Yesterday, the girls started calling me Mom.  As if the marriage dream wasn’t enough to make me want to faint…  I love these girls.  I really would like to sponsor Monika, (who doesn’t have a sponsor) but I’m just not ready to see myself as a wife and mother yet.  One day, but that just isn’t the season God has me in.  When I graduate, we’ll see…

We celebrated Papa Dongerdive’s birthday at the children’s home.  It was so impressive to watch the children eat rice with their hands.  It was a little gross, but cool nonetheless.  I tried to pass off the rest of my chicken and salad to my neighbors and they didn’t want it.  The littlest girl at the home ate it for me, what a rock star!

I was hurt by the plate situation.  The children each have their own plate with their name on it, sounds like a good thing, right?!  Wrong.  They have their names on their plates so the cooks can’t steal food from the children.  The home has gone through four cooks in this last year for various reasons.  The new cook has a daughter in the home, so I think she will be more promising. 

I gave my girls Snickers today.  They all loved it.  We shared with the house mom and she didn’t even know if the candy was from India or America.  I’m shocked by how simple these people are.  I want to live a simple life.   

Ruth 1:16-17 Ruth said, "Don't force me to leave you; don't make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I'll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; where you die, I'll die, and that's where I'll be buried, so help me God--not even death itself is going to come between us!"

I am praying that God make clear the plans he has for me.  His people are my people.  I see Jesus even in those who don’t proclaim Christ.  Welcome to Planet India!

No comments:

Post a Comment