Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday, July 15, 2013

Wow!  What a day!  First, we went to St. John’s English School and had a grand orientation.  The students danced for us and welcomed us with many flowers.  There was a power surge which was a little shocking (as I’m proof-reading, no pun intended).  We waved to all the little ones and it was very sweet.  I got to explain Thanksgiving.  A student wanted to know what that Thanksgiving is.


We came back to our hotel for lunch and to rest before going to New Beginnings Children Home.  At NBCH, I got to meet four out of five of my girls.  Komel went home to visit.  The girls welcomed me and the first thing they asked about was TyBaby!  I didn’t realize I talked about her so much in my bio that I sent them earlier this year.  I was given cards, two sets of earrings and a nose stud.  I may need to get my nose pierced in India.  My girls are ages ten through twelve.  They are so beautiful and at least two of the girls have siblings at the home.
 

I’m struggling with how I feel about Komel going home to visit her family.  I think that would be such a tease.  Maybe it’s a good thing.  I guess I’ll find out when I meet her, hopefully tomorrow. 


One of my girls, Monika doesn’t have a sponsor.  I’m not sure if she will keep being able to go to school or live at the home.  I don’t think they will kick her out of NBCH.  All the girls tell me about their sponsors and are proud of them.  I hope Monika will get a sponsor soon. 


I’m requesting lots of prayers for growth of our team.  I also ask for prayers of discernment.  I’m really challenged as to how to process what I’m learning.  I’m grateful that McMurry University has plans to have a long lasting relationship with Life Light Ministries, but will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment